Monday, June 7, 2010

NEW SONG


This is the summer of music. I am writing songs, revising songs, throwing away songs and keeping the good ones to start performing and recording. Thankfully, I am living with a great musician and we are jamming and working to showcase our music this summer. I promised that I would start writing full length songs and I am starting the process. I'll also be keeping updates on other creative endeavors that will be sure to happen this summer. This song is still a work in progress and needs some tweaking and working here and there. Lyrics and song are posted below. Enjoy a song in progress!

The Other Side



Verse 1:
Seeing you on the other side
Standing near but not too close by
Oh my love
My love what you do to me

yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah
You are sweet
So sweet
So kind
yeah-yeah,yeah-yeah,yeah-yeah,yeah-yeah
My love
I'm seeing you on the other side

Hook:
Now unrequited love
Is the worst kind of love
It's the love that'll do you in
It'll make you give up all you have
'Til you ain't got nothing left
I'm seeing you on the other side
Yup!

Break:
(ad-libbing skatting fun!)

Hey! You! I like you alot!
See you so close from afar
Wanna be right where you are
Baby!
Hey!
You!
Friend!
Lover! Companion! Confidante!
Get on my side!
Baby!
GET ON MY SIDE!
HEY!

Back to Beginning:

Seeing you on the other side
Standing near but not too close by
Oh my love
My love what you do to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment