Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Photography of my Mind


The pictures I have posted were taken by Samsam Yusuf. She is a wonderful photographer and I was happy to pose for her portfolio. She also happens to be my friend. I am inspired by her work because she is an African woman taking pictures of African women and working to re-present images that capture our beauty and struggles.
She cares deeply about social justice and says, "I'm interested in change and I consider myself the change I want to see in the world!" I am happy that she is using the power of photography for social justice. Much respect!
She currently resides in Seattle, Washington so if you're looking for a photographer give her a shout out. Yusuf will be showing more of her photography on her blog http://komaala.blogspot.com. She can also be contacted at jazrah@gmail.com. Below you will find her picture and then some photos she took of me. Enjoy!






4 comments:

  1. nice photograph...
    like this...

    I really want to see pictures of your next ..
    because I follow you.

    if you wish do not forget to follow me back ..

    http://junkelsee.tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Taruna,
    Thanks for commenting! I've followed you back. Can't wait to read and comment on your blog

    Itoro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samsam is truly gifted with a camera. Keep it up Samsam. Two very beautiful ladies in those photos...and the quality photos truly capture so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Nonotsho. I appreciate your comment. Itoro inspires me and it was a pleasure working with here. If you would like to check out more photos. I have switched my blogs from Blogger to tumblr. Here is my new site. www.yusufs.tumblr.com. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete