Monday, June 28, 2010

pieces of a love letter

i’ll remember us in nature

before I thought I would be untamed if I sat too long

when I tried to still the buzzing of flies

and stomp on the little red ant’s groove

glare the sun down to become more temperate

i was something different then

someone who didn’t want the wind to breathe on my skin

or my feet to sink too deeply in the earth

but you followed nature

and I followed you

when you kissed me in the grass

(pushed my body so hard in the ground we left a mark there)

it was my first love affair with nature

a first love affair with you

2 comments:

  1. I love you baby. Truly beautiful poetry! Keep shining your glorious light. If I owned a publishing company, I'd publish you like 10 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely site and a good post keep it up i like your site you can as well visit mine www.motitalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete